Tuesday, December 27, 2011
Posted by cyberman
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 4 (GSM/CDMA)
- iPod Touch 3G/4G
- iPad 1
How To Jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 Untethered using Redsn0w 0.9.10?This tutorial is for jailbreaking iOS 5.0.1. This is not for building a custom IPSW for unlockers. If you rely on unlock, don’t follow this tutorial. To build a custom iOS 5.0.1 IPSW, follow this tutorial (to be updated).
1. Make sure your iDevice is updated to iOS 5.0.1
2. Download appropriate redsn0w version:
Launch redsn0w & click Jailbreak
4. Now make sure your iDevice is switched off. Then click Next
5. Here you’ll see instructions to put your iDevice in Pwned DFU mode. Follow the instructions on the screen
6. Redsn0w will now perform the jailbreak
7. Choose “Install Cydia” and proceed with the jailbreak
After the jailbreak process completes, Cydia will be installed on your home screen.